0131 5500 414 pt@ptlaw.co.uk

Financial Provision
& Claims

When a relationship involving children breaks down, it can be very stressful and complicated as you navigate your way through the legalities around residence agreements and any contact disputes. You only want the best for your children and trying to reach agreements on who they will stay with and what contact should be allowed can be an emotional rollercoaster.

Generally, the best childcare agreements are those which are worked out between you and the other parent, rather than by the court as they have limited exposure or knowledge of your family dynamics and what will truly be in the best interests for your particular children.

It can be challenging to reach an agreement when you’re separated and often it can help to have a lawyer you can entrust to negotiate these matters on your behalf. Involving a lawyer at this stage helps remove the heat and emotion from the situation so that the contact and residence disputes can be resolved before courts are involved. At Paul Taylor Family & Civil Law, Paul is a very experienced family law practitioner who you can rely on to negotiate on your behalf with your children’s best interests at heart.

If agent to agent or mediation is not resolving disputes and the case must go to the courts, we can help you throughout the entire process. We believe in straightforward advice to navigate you through this process.

If you need a family lawyer, contact our Edinburgh family team on 0131 550 0414.


We can help with

Separation Agreement Creation

In the event of your relationship breaking down, we can help you outline what happens with your children, property and finances.

More Info

Financial Provision & Claims

Ensure you and your family are sufficiently provided for financially in wills or divorce cases under the intestacy rules. 

More Info

Residence & Contact Disputes about Children

Having a dispute around residency or contact with your child? Let us support you during this stressful time.

More Info

Relocation & Abduction of Children Disputes

If your family are dealing with a relocation and/or abduction of a child, we can help support you and resolve the situation.

More Info

International Child Abduction

If you’re dealing with the complexities of international child abduction, we can represent you and help to resolve the situation.

More Info

Pre & Post-Nuptial Agreements

Protect yourself and clearly define how finances, property and other assets will be divided in the case of a marriage breakdown.

More Info

Cohabitation Contracts

 If you’re an unmarried couple, set out how finances are split when living together or what happens in the event of a split.

More Info


Ensure your assets are divided as per your wishes with our will writing service. We can also help with will disputes.

More Info

Power of Attorney

Appoint people to help make decisions on your behalf when you’re no longer able to with our Power of Attorney services.

More Info