0131 5500 414 pt@ptlaw.co.uk

Relocation & Abduction of Children Disputes

Taking a child abroad to another country outwith the UK must be agreed by both parents where they both hold full parental responsibilities & rights or it can be classed as child abduction. This is a very serious and complex legal issue that requires the expertise of a family lawyer to help resolve these types of issues.

Child abduction applies when one parent takes a child out of the country without the other parent’s expressed agreement – even if only for a holiday.

When families are made up of parents from different countries, a separation presents a child abduction risk where one parent may wish to return to their home country, taking the children with them.

Whether you are the parent wishing to return to your home country with your children, or you are the parent who is fearful of losing their child, we can help ensure the child’s best interests are always at the heart of our advice.

If there’s an ongoing dispute around child relocation or child abduction it is vital to have a family lawyer on your side to protect you and your children’s best interests.

At Paul Taylor Family & Civil Law, we help to take the stress out of a highly emotional situations by providing clear and straightforward advice you can understand.

If you need a family lawyer, contact our Edinburgh family team on 0131 550 0414.


We can help with

Separation Agreement Creation

In the event of your relationship breaking down, we can help you outline what happens with your children, property and finances.

More Info

Financial Provision & Claims

Ensure you and your family are sufficiently provided for financially in wills or divorce cases under the intestacy rules. 

More Info

Residence & Contact Disputes about Children

Having a dispute around residency or contact with your child? Let us support you during this stressful time.

More Info

Relocation & Abduction of Children Disputes

If your family are dealing with a relocation and/or abduction of a child, we can help support you and resolve the situation.

More Info

International Child Abduction

If you’re dealing with the complexities of international child abduction, we can represent you and help to resolve the situation.

More Info

Pre & Post-Nuptial Agreements

Protect yourself and clearly define how finances, property and other assets will be divided in the case of a marriage breakdown.

More Info

Cohabitation Contracts

 If you’re an unmarried couple, set out how finances are split when living together or what happens in the event of a split.

More Info


Ensure your assets are divided as per your wishes with our will writing service. We can also help with will disputes.

More Info

Power of Attorney

Appoint people to help make decisions on your behalf when you’re no longer able to with our Power of Attorney services.

More Info