0131 5500 414 pt@ptlaw.co.uk


Are you looking for help with a will to be drawn up? Then you have come to the right place. At Paul Taylor Family & Civil Law, we have experience in all will services, including will writing, estate administration, will disputes & contentious probate and future planning.

If you have property, finances or other assets you wish to pass onto loved ones, it is vital to have a will to express your wishes. Writing a will without support can be a complicated process and it can lead to errors which may prove problematic down the line. At Paul Taylor Family & Civil Law, we can help you plan your estate and write a legally sound will that ensures your wishes are effected as you wish.

Have you been appointed Executor or Administrator of a will?

Firstly, what is the difference between an Executor and an Administrator?

  • An Executor is the named person in the will who is responsible for collecting assets and distributing them as per the deceased’s wishes.
  • An Administrator is appointed by the court to do this role if the Executor is not able to do this or no Executor was named.

If you’ve been appointed as an Executor in the will of a loved one or if you’ve been court-appointed as an Administrator of a will, we can help you process your probate (permission to administer the will) responsibilities.

Do you need to dispute a will or are you facing a dispute?

When a loved one passes away sometimes their wishes are not always agreeable to those who were close to them. In these instances, the will of the deceased may be disputed. This can be a stressful and emotional time for all involved so it is important to have the right support in place to navigate you through this process.

Whether you need support in will writing, will administration or will disputes, our Edinburgh Family Law team are here for you.


We can help with

Separation Agreement Creation

In the event of your relationship breaking down, we can help you outline what happens with your children, property and finances.

More Info

Financial Provision & Claims

Ensure you and your family are sufficiently provided for financially in wills or divorce cases under the intestacy rules. 

More Info

Residence & Contact Disputes about Children

Having a dispute around residency or contact with your child? Let us support you during this stressful time.

More Info

Relocation & Abduction of Children Disputes

If your family are dealing with a relocation and/or abduction of a child, we can help support you and resolve the situation.

More Info

International Child Abduction

If you’re dealing with the complexities of international child abduction, we can represent you and help to resolve the situation.

More Info

Pre & Post-Nuptial Agreements

Protect yourself and clearly define how finances, property and other assets will be divided in the case of a marriage breakdown.

More Info

Cohabitation Contracts

 If you’re an unmarried couple, set out how finances are split when living together or what happens in the event of a split.

More Info


Ensure your assets are divided as per your wishes with our will writing service. We can also help with will disputes.

More Info

Power of Attorney

Appoint people to help make decisions on your behalf when you’re no longer able to with our Power of Attorney services.

More Info